Saturday 12 October 2024

Panorama

Those of you who know me or have followed my posts for a few years will be aware that I like to take a few photos - and in recent years I am sure you know I completed the 52 Frames challenge in 2022, and I am repeating that this year.  No?  No worries - all you need to know is that this week's challenge is 'Panorama'.  So that should explain the format of some of my photos from today's ride.



Still meeting at Total Fitness we were disappointed for a second month that there were no hot drinks available.  Yana, the young lady who served us, was most apologetic and still managed to look after us with a variety of smoothies and juices, but it does not bode well to continue meeting here.

Nine ladies were out, and after a quick photo as the weather has turned decidedly colder now, we set off.  I plotted a slightly unusual route to get to the Boat Museum in Ellesmere Port, which involved Greenway, some canal, lanes to Ellesmere Port, residential streets but dropping back to the tranquility of the canal for the final run to the cafe.







Although cold, we did have the most beautiful sunny morning, and were met by Michelle in the cafe, with a central table laid out and reserved for us.



Extreme panorama - I found a new setting on my phone!!!


The Port and Anchor cafe sits alongside the (Manchester) Ship canal, and sometimes you can be treated to a very large ship passing a few feet from the cafe windows.  No such luck today but an opportunity for some panoramic photos at least.

A Panorama made of 5 photos stitched together when I got home
- I'm very pleased with this!!!


Options for heading back were shared (either through the industrial estate to Thornton Le Moors, Wimbolds Trafford, Dunham on the Hill and beyond; or canal then lanes near Chester Zoo, or just canal all the way back) - the ladies opted for the middle option and we set off, back along the canal.







The surface is unfortunately quite broken up at times at this end of the towpath, and combined with quite overgrown hedges it did make for a slightly exciting journey, until it smoothed out at Stoak.  We left the canal here and followed through Croughton and then up the back of the Zoo and through the Zoo bridleway.

After this people started to drift off home as usual, until it was just me!

See the route on Komoot


No comments:

Post a Comment